Enjoy the comforting flavors of this hearty one-pot chicken and potato stew, which blends succulent chicken thigh fillets, tasty veggies, and a mildly spiced stock. This stew is ideal for individuals looking for a warm and filling supper due to its easy preparation and wonderful flavor. Use this comprehensive recipe to make a mouthwatering masterpiece that is simple to make and delicious to eat.
Ingredients: Compile the following ingredients for this hearty Chicken Potato Stew:
- 12 3 pounds (750 g) of young potatoes, particularly waxy varieties as baby potatoes, Alexandra, or Yukon Gold. – 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs sliced into 3 pieces each.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into bits measuring an inch
- 1-2 finely chopped garlic cloves – 1 celery rib, finely chopped – 1 large onion or 2 medium onions
1 bay leaf, 1-2 teaspoons of mixed herbs, such as Italian or Provence, 1/2 teaspoon each of paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt, 1 tablespoon of tomato puree, 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar, and 4 tablespoons of white wine
- 14 cup all-purpose flour – 112 tablespoons olive oil – 112 cups (360 ml) hot vegetable stock
- To taste, freshly ground pepper – Garnish, chopped parsley
To make the delectable Chicken Potato Stew, follow these simple steps:
- Prepare the chicken: Trim off any excess fat and divide each chicken thigh fillet into three pieces. Place aside.
- To prepare the vegetables, warm the oil in a big pot over a medium heat.
- Add a bay leaf along with the finely chopped celery, onion, and garlic. Cook, periodically stirring, for approximately 4 minutes or until softened.
- White wine should be poured in and cooked for an additional two minutes.
- Add the Chicken: Add the cut-up chicken to the pot after it has been prepared.
- Add 12 teaspoon of paprika, fine sea salt, chopped herbs, and freshly ground pepper to the dish to season.
- For two to three minutes, stir and simmer on medium heat.
- Include Flour: – Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with all-purpose flour. Stirring is necessary to fully incorporate the flour.
- Introduce the Potatoes and Carrots: Pour the tomato puree, chunks of young potatoes, and carrots into the pot.
- More freshly ground pepper is then added, followed by the heated vegetable stock.
- Bring the mixture to a boil while the pot is covered.
- Let the Stew Simmer: Lower the heat to a low setting and let the stew simmer for around 30-35 minutes. Mix once in a while. When the potatoes are soft, the stew is done. Do not overcook.
- Finishing Touches and Serving: Add the white wine vinegar at the end of cooking to add an extra layer of flavor.
- Turn off the heat and taste-test the seasoning before continuing.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top of the chicken-potato stew.
Serving Ideas: To enhance the tastes of this delicious Chicken Potato Stew and create a well-rounded meal, serve it with a choice of sides. Serving suggestions include: – Crusty bread to sop up the flavorful sauce.
- Roasted cauliflower, broccoli, or green beans that have been steamed or cooked.
- Side dishes made with cabbage, such as braised or pickled red cabbage.
Adding More veggies: To give your chicken potato stew more flavor and nutrients, add more veggies. Among the top options are:
- Fennel, thinly sliced (included with the onion).
- Ripe tomato that has been chopped and added to the sauce
- Sweetcorn, which was included with the tomato.
- Garden peas/petits pois (20 minutes into cooking, add frozen)
- Brussels sprouts, broccoli florets, or chopped kale (add toward the end of cooking)
- A small amount of fresh spinach, added at the end of cooking
- If you add other ingredients, adjust the seasoning and stock as necessary.
Optional Flavor Enhancers: If you want to give your chicken potato stew a special touch, think about including these ingredients:
- A tiny quantity of chorizo for a smokey taste, along with coarsely chopped, fried bacon
- Eight to ten chopped green olives
A filling and healthy one-pot supper, this Simple Chicken Potato Stew dish is sure to become a family favorite. This stew is a warming choice for any occasion thanks to its delicate chicken, substantial potatoes, and flavorful spices. To produce a delectable masterpiece that will leave your taste buds begging for more, follow the step-by-step instructions. Enjoy the richness and warmth of this delectable dish, and don’t forget to add some fresh parsley as a garnish for an extra flavor boost.